ZoomIt v6.0, BgInfo v4.30, PsExec v2.40, ProcMon v3.90 and Sigcheck v2.90 all updated.
Download & Info
Wall Outlet Extender:
6 Outlet + 3 USB Ports
$11.86 with coupon code SNXCMKSJ (Enter code in cart)
A while back someone asked me to do a freeware guide for Windows 10 like I have for other Windows operating systems. My heart wasn’t in it. While there is excellent free software out there, in many cases you get what you pay for. I’m tired of talking about second best software I don’t use. So below is a list of the software I have installed on at least one of the 8 PC’s I have scattered across my house.
[Read more…] about Software I Use – 2021 Edition
An article on the Winamp reviving WACUP will be out at some point.
Until then, check out my workout/game room setup:
[Read more…] about WACUP Dual-Screen with Visualizations
77.0.3865.73 has been released for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android:
On the desktop this update “contains a number of fixes and improvements” and “includes 52 security fixes”.
“for Android: it’ll become available on Google Play over the next few weeks. This release includes stability and performance improvements.”
Download: 32-bit | 64-bit
Update Release Announcement – Desktop | Update Release Announcement – Android
– Minor bug fixes
– Small UI improvements
Download (I use portable)
Wise Disk Cleaner 10.1.3.759
– Improved Metro Cache and WinSxs backup cleaning.
– Fixed some issues from the users’ feedback.
– Updated various translations.
– GUI and usability improvements.
Download (I use portable) | Release Announcement
This is VERY MUCH BETA. I would NOT install it (see notes).
Winamp 5.8 Beta, Build 3660 (official)
Some features are works-in-progress, e.g. new in_mod & out_wasapi plugins
Sorry, no CD burning, autotag or cddb features yet.
No multinational version with lang packs yet either.
Changes since unofficial build 3563
Removed ml_nowplaying; updated libogg, libvorbis, libflac & libopenmpt; copyright updates; added more genres to file info dialog; new digital cert; various other general tweaks, fixes and prep work….
* New: Windows Audio (WASAPI) Output plug-in (w.i.p.)
* Improved: Added an option to completely disable Winamp’s video support
* Improved: Added an auto-fullscreen option to video prefs
* Improved: Added /ENUMPLAYLISTS to the command-line support
* Improved: Windows 8.1 and 10 compatibility
* Improved: [in_mod] OpenMPT-based Module Player (replaces old MikMod player)
* Improved: [ml_playlists] Added browse path & edit title functions in Ctrl+E editor
* Improved: [Bento] Updated scrollbars and buttons and other tweaks (thanks Martin)
* Improved: [Bento & Modern skins] Added a Playlist Search feature (thanks Victor)
* Fixed: New URLs not being remembered after using Reset history in Open URL dialog
* Fixed: Various memory leaks
* Fixed: [gen_tray] Not showing correct current icon pack in preferences
* Fixed: [in_avi] Divide-by-zero crash with badly formed files (thanks ITDefensor)
* Fixed: [in_mp3] Crashing with some ID3v2 tags
* Fixed: [ml_wire] Slow loading issue
* Fixed: [ssdp] Crash on load if jnetlib was not correctly initialized
* Misc: Minimum required OS is now Win XP sp3 (Windows 7 or higher recommended)
* Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Misc: Moved shared DLLs to Winamp\Shared folder
* Removed: All former “Pro” licensed functions (Winamp is now 100% freeware again)
* Removed: gen_jumpex & UnicodeTaskbarFix (making way for native implementations)
* Removed: [in_wm] DRM support
* Replaced: CD playback and ripping now using native Windows API (instead of Sonic)
* Replaced: MP3 Decoder now mpg123 based (instead of Fraunhofer)
* Replaced: AAC Decoder now using Media Foundation (Vista and higher)
* Replaced: H.264 Decoder now using Media Foundation (Vista and higher)
* Replaced: MPEG-4 Pt.2 Decoder now using Media Foundation (Vista and higher)
* Updated: [in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.3 & libvorbis 1.3.6
* Updated: [libFLAC] FLAC 1.3.2
* Updated: [libyajl] libyajl v2.1.0
* Updated: [OpenSSL] OpenSSL v1.0.1i
* Updated: [png] libpng v1.5.24
This past 24 hours has seen a wave of fake news and hysteria over CCleaner supposed snooping.
As far as I can tell there is no new data collection. They have introduced a new privacy options section.
From a forum post:
Your privacy is very important to us and we commit to ensuring the continued confidentiality and security of all data we collect and process. We also require that any and all parties which have access to our data adhere to strict security standards and best industry practices. This protects your privacy, whether you are an EU resident or not.
This is how I set up and run Firefox on my Windows machines. It’s pretty basic but it is all I need.
[Read more…] about Tweaking Firefox