Windows 10 May 2019 Update
Win10 1903 brings several changes, most of which the average user won’t care about. Two changes of note are supposed increased performance and improved control of Windows Update. The best breakdown I’ve seen to date is:
Neowin – The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is coming – here’s what’s new
– “Official” date unknown at this time. “End of May” often quoted. Expect it somewhere between tomorrow and hell freezing over.
– ISOs are floating around now
Preparing for 1903
– Update all your apps and drivers.
– Backup everything. Make a system image. I use the free Macrium Reflect. This is also a good time to backup everything else.
See also: Windows 10 Backup And Recovery Options
– Put off installing 1903 at least one month.
– Better safe than sorry. Microsoft will, at some point, state that 1903 is “safe for business”. The October 2018 Update was declared safe on March 28th, 2019.
Tweaking Windows 10
It will be at least a month after release before the Win10 Tweak Guide is updated.