*edited 14MAR2018, 0750hrs EST. Added links.
I love doing the brackets. Does anyone else out there do them? I’ve done 2 so far. 1 at the “official” bracket and 1 at ESPN.
Last year I had by far the best result I have ever had. Talk about lucky!
I’ll send a link to join my group if you’re interested, email me at tweakblog at tweakhound.com .
I’ll share my picks once the brackets are live.
How March Madness Works
What is March Madness: The NCAA tournament explained
March Madness 2018: An idiot’s guide to filling out your NCAA bracket
Tips for How to Fill out a NCAA Tournament Bracket | Odds Shark
If you want to see my advice to a friend keep reading.
Friend: I usually don’t do brackets cause I don’t keep up with NCAA. But I’ll give it a go for fun.
Me: I don’t keep up at all. First go here, lots of good stuff: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
Here is what I picked up throughout the year, or over time, or just my opinion. My ears only hear what they wanna hear so teams out west or in your area I have no clue.
– The “experts”. They don’t do any better than anyone else.
– #1’s get ranked #1 for a reason
– Pay attention to the end of the season and conference tourneys.
– Michigan State was on many peoples #1 list at the start of the season
– U of Michigan is on a f*^%# tare. 11-1 in their last 12
– UNC sucks (for UNC)
– I would pay real money for someone to trip Grayson Allen out of the tournament ( http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article204476904.html )
– I’ve seen UVA play a lot. They are boring as hell and just win.
– Texas Longhorns. I hate Shaka Smart for abandoning VCU. He can kiss my *edited* and his team too 😉
– If you want to win you’ve got to correctly nail at least one upset.
– No one has ever had a perfect bracket.
– Luck. It is just pure luck.